1. I have been a fan of Instagram for quite awhile now, but it is even more fun since #teachertalktuesday. I love seeing all of the great teacher pics! I am also participating in the Photo a Day Teacher Challenge created by The Pinspired Teacher...so fun!
2. The weather has been absolutely here this week (sorry to all of you cold/snowy people)...I don't mean to rub it in. I have been so excited to wear my cute spring clothes/shoes this week! I strongly dislike pictures of myself so I never take them and now I don't have a picture of my absolute favorite outfit from the week...but here are some fun shoes!
3. I decided to try reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to my third graders this year. I asked first, to see who had already seen the movie, and the majority of my kiddos have actually seen most of the movies. With the first book being the "safest" of them all, and most kiddos having seen the movies, I am giving it a shot. So far, so good. I have a couple of copies so the kids are borrowing them to read ahead of me (they think they are very cool :o) and follow along with me. I am hoping that with testing coming up, I will be able to read a little more than usual during the day!
4. I have already mentioned that I attended a workshop yesterday on Keys to Comprehension. Our presenter shared a graphic organizer that she uses and my friend Diane just loved it. She will never see this, as she doesn't blog, so I am posting her photo with the graphic organizer! It is a top-down web for beginning, middle, and end that lends itself to prewriting for a retell and/or summary.
5. The transition to CCSS and still worrying about MCAS (our MA state test) I am panicking over math. I don't feel like I have gotten through as much this year as I have in the past so we are in a mad dash to at least expose the kiddos to some material. I have been trying to keep it fun with scoot, task cards, and Judy clocks. Elapsed time might be the death of me this year!