5/2/13

CURRENTLY...May & 14 Cows

It was killing me today to sit through a six-hour professional development workshop, with my computer  in front of me and not link up with Farley's May Currently. I am finally home and linking up! :o)


Listening - I am sitting outside in my lovely lime green adirondack chair listening to the breeze, the birds, and my neighbors who are out on their decks! I just L-O-V-E springtime! 

Loving - While I sit here posting, on my deck, it is currently 78 degrees...not sunny on the deck right now, but I'll take it!

Thinking - While I was sitting through PD today, I was trying to check in with my substitute. Luckily my principal let my very amazing friend and colleague cover my class today. She is the paraprofessional in my classroom for MOST of the day and she also did her student teaching in my classroom in the fall. With my tough crew this year, I think we decided it was better to leave someone in the room that knew the kids rather than a random sub. I was able to check in during prep and lunch to see how they were doing, but it still worries me when I am not there because of some of the behaviors. Crossing my fingers that the kiddos had a good afternoon and bringing lots of chocolate to my amazing sub/para/friend tomorrow. 

Wanting - One of the teachers returned from lunch with frozen yogurt today and I have been dying for it ever since. Dessert tonight?

Needing - This week has been great because I have been wearing my spring clothes, which I love! Now the problem is the pasty white skin...I need some color!

Summer Bucket List - Summer job is still up in the air, but I intended to spend as much time as possible at the beach this summer. It is about an hour and 45 minutes from home, so I usually try to get there are least once a week! I know I will do school work as well...so many things already on my summer to-do list!

If you haven't linked up yet, head on over and share what is currently going on with you! 


I'm almost done...I have to share a book that I was introduced to today at my Keys to Comprehension workshop. Has anyone heard of/read 14 Cows for America by Carmen Agra Deedy? Ahhh-mazing book! I am going to purchase it on Amazon as soon as I post this. It is listed in CCSS as an exemplar text for grades 2-3. Click here to check out the website. Our presenter used this as a model read-aloud lesson...and most of teared up. I can't wait to get the book, I am already planning all of the things that I can do with it. We were actually talking about how there is SO MUCH that can be done with this book that we don't even know where to start. Definitely check this book out, you'll be glad you did! 




9 comments:

Kristin Young said...

I have a 2 day workshop coming up next week but I'm totally looking forward to it!!! It completely depends on your class, though. I'm going to be on maternity leave at the very beginning of the year next year and I'm already worried about that - and I don't even know who my kids will be!! :) I hope they were good. Bribes usually help with that. ;) And yes...I say frozen yogurt for dessert is a must! Now I want it too!!

I haven't heard of 14 Cows because I teach K but I'd love to hear what you love about it if you post while you read! :)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Teachers are Terrific! said...

Frozen yogurt, hmmmmm.....I could have that for supper, too! I just posted on My Currently entry that I wanted ice cream for supper, so I laughed when I read yours about yogurt! I will also definitely check out the book you recommended! I'm your newest follower!

Carol

Becky said...

Thanks for finding me! I love Farley's rule because I always find new blogs. I am your newest follower!

Becky

FabandFunin4th! said...

How nice to be so close to the beach! I'm jealous! Thanks for the book recommendation...I'm going to have to check that out!
Bethany
FabandFunin4th!

Lisa Mattes said...

Love me some great PD. But, laughed about your pain at wanting to link up with Farley! :)
Smiles - Lisa
Growing Firsties

Lisa Mattes said...

Laughed in a nice "I feel your pain" kind of way...as soon as I hit published I saw what I wrote and thought, EEEEK - I sound mean! Really didn't mean it that way. ;)

Colleen said...

I so badly need a tan as well! It has been 80 and sunny this week, but I haven't had any time to stay outside long enough to make a dent in my pale skin! Perhaps this weekend...
Colleen :-)
Fun and Fearless in First

greenteahimandspecialed.blogspot.com said...

I'm jealous of your LOVING because we are having the coldest weather on record in May. I just found your blog so that might be my loving today (finding new blogs to follow). Thanks for sharing with your newest follower, Heather

Unknown said...

I SO need a tan! I went to a wedding yesterday and felt so ick in the church lights!

Jessica
Second Grade Nest

Post a Comment