4/26/13

Peace, Hope, Love, and Kindness Linky (A Day Late) and Freebie



As I sat reading all of the great posts linked up with the Peace, Hope, Love & Kindness Linky, I was a little disappointed in myself for not doing something really meaningful this week that I could blog about. I had such high expectations when I read the initial post about the linky and then the week happened and here I was wondering what I could post. So I sat here and channeled my inner third grader and wrote some acrostic poems. Well, my wireless was a little fuzzy, as I was babysitting and not at home, and my post didn't save. It finally dawned on me that I could just create acrostic poems for my kiddos to complete and include them on this thoughtful, positive idea. So I checked with Stacia and Amanda, Joanne, and Jessica to see if they would mind if I posted my acrostic sheets as freebies, and given their permission, here they are...enjoy! (Click on the cover below and it links to Google Docs.)

So I went into school today and I told my third graders about the linky, of course, they had no idea what I was talking about, but I tried to explain. We brainstormed thoughts about "peace" and then we read the book "Listen To the Wind" by Greg Mortenson and talked about how Dr. Greg promoted peace in Pakistan and added to our brainstorming list.
 The kiddos then began working on their PEACE acrostics. They are not quite finished yet, hopefully I'll be able to share some on Monday. I'm hoping that when we have completed all 4 poems, I will be able to use them to create a class book or really great bulletin board. We still have 43 more days of school and I think this will be a great reminder for the kiddos on how they should be treating each other!

If you haven't linked up with Collaboration Cuties, Head Over Heels for Teaching, and Ideas By Jivey, head over now!




1 comments:

jivey said...

I'm so excited that you linked this up!! Thank you so much! :)
Jivey

Post a Comment