4/22/13

First Day Back and Dollar Days Linky



I must admit that being the first day back from spring break, today wasn't terrible! I am beginning to think that I am living in the twilight zone or something. My 2 behavior kiddos, who were sending me home half-dead every day from about November through March, are both doing so well suddenly. I mean, no behavior charts, no checklists, no nothing. I don't really know what is going on, but I am LOVING it! I am very proud of them and I am crossing my fingers and toes that this great behavior keeps up for the next 45 1/2 days!

Most of my kiddos completed their animal research reports today, finally! They are pretty cute, if I do say so myself. I have seen some much fancier ones, but this was just supposed to be a week-long culminating activity at the end our 4th reading theme, Animal Habitats. It has taken us nearly two weeks and some kiddos still have not finished. We will be sharing in small groups tomorrow, regardless, because I need to hang these puppies up and get them off of my table, desk, chairs, etc. Here are a couple of pics of the kiddos' masterpieces!

Now, I have been trying to come up with a fun post for A Teacher without a Class's Dollar Days Linky for awhile now. This is a pretty nifty (wow, I haven't used that word in a very long time) idea; you just link up with anything you can purchase for one dollar, digitally or in a store. Seriously, what teacher doesn't L-O-V-E dollar deals?! On Friday I stopped by Michael's and picked up these guys:

It is hard to tell on the black background, but the felt glasses and moustaches come on little black sticks, photo booth ready! They were $1 each! I just love them and think I am going to try to integrate them into a Mother's Day project! Any and all suggestions welcome! :o) Aren't they just the cutest?! So if you haven't done so yet, definitely head over and link up, it's totally worth it! 

Finally, I have to share a fab little present that my wonderful "little" brother gave me this weekend. I have a small obsession with travel-style drink containers (water bottles, cups, Tervis tumblers, etc). I also am a huge fan of the Mason Jar comeback. Look at this guy (with ginger ale inside):









4 comments:

Three Friends and a Fork said...

Thanks for stopping by! Those mustaches and sunglasses are so cute! I grabbed your blog button. Richi
richireynolds.blogspot.com
Ribbons, Recipes and Rhymes

Unknown said...

Love the mustaches and glasses! I will have to head to Michaels to see if they have them in my area.
Thanks for following my blog!
Your 25th follower,

Beth
easy peasy education

Diamond Moms Treasury said...

Hi Tara,
It is nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just had to jump over and see yours. I see you teach 3rd grade too. I look forward to following you and your class adventures.

Charlene/Diamond Mom

A Teacher Without a Class said...

Thank you so much for linking up! I love seeing what people can do with a dollar!

Post a Comment