9/1/13

A Peek At My Week * 9.1.13

I don't hate fall - in fact I sort of like the beginning of fall. I love pumpkin flavored treats, a fresh start to a new school year with new kiddos, football and soccer season, the new TV season, fairs and festivals (The Big E), buying new sweaters and boots...but I hate the end of shorts and flip flops (ok, I wear flip flops all year long, bad example), suntans, beach days, and everything summer related! My point is I have mixed feelings about September. I had my first pumpkin latte and pumpkin muffin of the season today and they were delicious, but seriously, September already?! That means...

my 1st official week of 4th grade! Here's a peek at my week. I'm linking up with Jennifer at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings to share my upcoming week with you. 



Tomorrow is the last day of my summer vacation and look at that forecast. I am so bummed! This means that I will be putting the finishing touches on my first couple of days of school tomorrow instead of lounging in the sun. 

Day 1: We begin at the district-wide convocation and then head back to our own schools for some team-time. 

Day 2: A full day of professional development at our schools, both whole school and grade level teams. 

My FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! I am stressed, I am a teensy bit nervous, I am overwhelmed, but I am SO EXCITED to meet my 4th grade kiddos! We will spend time learning the rules, emergency procedures, establishing some classroom routines and getting to know each other. The kids will work on this Back To School Book, as well. 

Back to School Book

We will read First Day Jitters, and review it next week when we begin our Mentor Sentences from Ideas by Jivey

We will continue to work on rules, procedures, routines, and getting to know each other. The students will take a district-mandated math diagnostic test. We will do some team building activities as well - we are going to save Fred! We will also read 2000 Year Old Man Goes To School

Happy September, enjoy your day off tomorrow, and thanks for reading! :o)








8 comments:

Unknown said...

I just purchased the Mentor Sentences. Can't wait to give them a try. Best of luck as you start your new adventure!

Kim
Quinnessential Lessons

Susan K. said...

I'm so excited to read another blog from MA! Plus your first day of school is Thursday, too. I was starting to think we were the last place to start school (I teach in Woburn). Have an amazing first day!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Save Fred team building activity and so do the kids!

I need to check out "The 2000 Year Old Man Goes to School" that sounds like such a cute book! Good luck this week!

~Bagby
Math Madness

Jennifer Laffin said...

It's supposed to rain here tomorrow too. Maybe I'll just hang out with a pumpkin muffin and check out some blogs....sounds like the perfect way not to "labor" on Labor Day!

Thanks for linking up! Have a great week!

Jennifer
Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

FabandFunin4th! said...

Good luck with your first days of school this week!
Bethany
FabandFunin4th!

Elementary Engagement said...

Enjoy your fist week back!

Mary
Fit to be Fourth
Follow me on Bloglovin

The Rungs of Reading said...

We just discovered your blog through Fifth in the Middle's state blogging list. We are also Massachusetts bloggers.

LOVE the Big E!!!
Stacy
The Rungs of Reading

Admin said...

Hello,
This is lisa, I did your blog desing. Please contact me it's very important. I have made a post on facebook about it. I don't have your email handy, so I came to your blog personally.


iCelebration Custom Designs

icelebrationcustomdesigns@hotmail.com

Post a Comment